Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Yikes

I was a hobo in the time of World War II.

Nazi scientists were working on making Uber soldiers a reality.

Uber means super in German. 

Hitler wanted an army of super men to conquer The Americans that were also laboring on enhancing DNA.

They used unwilling test subjects.

I am a hobo that is true.

 But I am an American hobo with human rights.

The MPs beat me up and yelled Puerto Ricans are nothing more than Mexicans with US citizenship. They forced me into the war effort against The Axis. As if I were in a silent movie from the 1920s, no one heard me scream.

Other hoboes died in experiments to make safe the super steroids injected into a blonde, blue-eyed man named Steve Rogers who was code-named Captain America.

I was transformed in a being called The Beyonder.

I became one with The Power Cosmic.

I became more powerful than all humans combined on Earth.

Humans subjected me to pain.

I will do the same.

The Americans and the world will suffer long before I end their existence quickly.

“Danny, I believe you are going to write The Next Great American Novel,” said my English teacher beaming with pride at my stories.

Nuts to novels.

 I was a 6th grader dreaming of drawing and writing comic books.

Write what you know, advised my teacher who introduced me to Greek mythology.

I know television.

Then a lightning bolt struck me.

Why don’t I write a comic book that reads like a great American novel?

I just did.

Here now is the season finale to Admerica.

The Final Chapter: Bronx, Baseball And Beyond by Danny Aponte of P.S 161

Copyrighted 1969 to infinity

You humans seriously don’t want to mess with me.

I’ll turn you all into Jacks-In-The-Boxes


Twilight Zone Style

No comments:

Post a Comment